To find us on a map click here and select “Find us”.
St Cosmas & St Damian is the Church of England's Parish Church for the villages of Hassocks and Keymer. We would love to see you at our Sunday and weekday services, and welcome enquiries about baptisms, weddings and funerals, particularly from local people.
Founded in Saxon times, the church was rebuilt in 1866, mainly in the style of the 14th century building it replaced, retaining some original stonework. The tower contains a well respected peal of six bells. There is a 2 manual organ, which was fully restored in 2009.
Our worship is centred on the Eucharist, which is our main service each Sunday at 9.45am, and is supported by a team of altar servers and a robed choir. This service is always followed by coffee in the hall. We use incense at the major festivals, and have a full celebration of the liturgies of Holy Week.
Adjacent to the church, about 50 yards away, is the large church hall, in regular use for church and community purposes. A small car park for the disabled is nearby and serves both Church and hall - this is accessed via the track beside Keymer Car Sales.
A less formal Family Eucharist happens on the third Sunday of the month,and on other weeks our Sunday school meets in the hall at 9.45, coming into church towards the end of the service (contact: Carolyn Paynter 01273 844186).